Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The 3 Best Websites To Find Answers

Google.com, eHow.com and YouTube.com are my 3 favorite sites to find answers to any question and solutions to any challenge.

Do you ever receive an error message on your computer and don't know what it means? 
Next time you get one, copy or retype the message into the Google Search Box and you will get links to sites or forums with the answer.  I can't tell you how many times I've solved an issue on my computer using this method.


Do you need to learn how to do something? Did you forget how to do something?
Type the question into Google, eHow or YouTube. 
Google.com
You can type any question into the Google Search Box and get immediate answers. For example, you can type in:

  • How much is the square root of 81?
  • Restaurants in ___________ and type your zip code to find restaurants in your area.
  • Flight Status for Jet Blue Flight #_____ and type in the Flight number without having to go to the Jet Blue website.
  • How many cups in a gallon?
The list goes on and on.

Type in a question and then you have an option to narrow down the search by:
  • Everything
  • Articles 
  • Videos
I like to use eHow because many of the answers are given in a step by step format.  I then copy the steps into M.S. OneNote and make it into a side note and follow along the steps in order. If you don't have OneNote you can print up the directions and then follow them.

If you are a visual learner then you will want to choose the Video option. 
You will also love:


YouTube.com 
At this site you can watch an instructional video. You have many different choices. If I don't have a lot of time I will choose the shorter videos first.  One day I needed to make coffee on a French Press and didn't know how so I found a video with step by step instructions on YouTube and was able to make my coffee. Thank Goodness!


There are many great sites to use to find information but as I said these are my personal favorites.
Do you have any favorites to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to receive an email when updates are made to the post, please register or leave your email address.