Saturday, April 9, 2011

iPad2 vs. Motorola Xoom



Should I buy the iPad or the Motorola Xoom? I have been on one of my journeys and I have finally made a decision but before I tell you my choice I must explain how I arrived at it.
There are certain questions you have to ask before providing a service or purchasing a product:
1. What is the purpose?
2. What are your needs?
3. Will this be a solution?
I have an iPhone and love it so I assumed I would buy the iPad but it is my nature to do my due diligence especially when spending so much money.
Purpose: I needed a more portable and lighter computer to take with me when meeting with clients.
Needs:
1. I design websites, many with flash and needed a tablet with the capability to view these sites when working with clients.
2. I needed a tablet that I could use to work on some of my projects when away from my office.
Solution: The Motorola Xoom- it satisfies all of my needs.
As much as I love the iPad with all of its apps it would not satisfy my needs.
The Motorola Xoom is the same size, is just as light, has the same battery life and is in the same price range.  I was impressed with both tablets but the Xoom was the best solution for me.
What are your needs?
Will you buy the iPad or the Motorola Xoom?









No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to receive an email when updates are made to the post, please register or leave your email address.