Friday, June 3, 2011

Did You Know That You Can Deposit Checks Using Your Mobile Phone?


I was just about to get into my car and drive to my bank to deposit some checks that I'd been holding for two days when my friend called. When I said that  I was on my way to deposit some checks she reminded me that I had a Chase Bank app with a check deposit feature.
I told her about this feature when I first opened my account. At that time I tried using the digital deposit service but I kept getting an error message saying that the bank was having trouble recognizing my check photo and I was not able to complete the transaction. I didn't try using the service again until yesterday when my friend said her client was raving about Chase Bank, my bank, because he could now deposit checks from his mobile phone.

Well, I thought, if her client could do it then I could too. I decided to try depositing the checks from my phone one more time and it worked!!!  I had just saved 45 minutes of my day and I was able to complete a job I was working on earlier than expected.   After doing some research I found that PNC Bank has mobile deposit as well.


If you don't have a smartphone with apps you can also bank from home using Echeck deposit if you have an Ally Bank account.  All you need is a computer that is connected to the Internet and a scanner.


I am always researching  new low cost and free technologies available to help make your business and perosnal life easier and sharing what I find.  If you would like to learn more about these new technologies subscribe to my blog and/or click the "Like" button on my Love My Lessons Fan Page.


If you have found some new technologies that you would like to share please post a comment below. I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

If you would like to receive an email when updates are made to the post, please register or leave your email address.